The Young Men’s Christian Association of Penang
Contrary to what its name suggests, the Penang YMCA is NOT just for the young, the men and the Christians only. It is for all regardless of the colour, gender and creed. It is for all who subscribe to its mission and commit to its vision.
What the Penang Y has is a group of dedicated members, volunteers, staff and donors who welcome you to join us to be a part of the World Alliance of YMCAs. membership
Benefits of being a Y member:
- FREE access/subsidized rates for exclusive member events
- FREE copy of Newsletters and E-newsletters
- SPECIAL reduced rates for our programmes and activities
- Access to enroll in language courses, martial art classes, social activities and community service
- EXCLUSIVE Merchant privileges – attractive discounts at participating YMCA Merchants
- OPPORTUNITIES to join special interest groups,
- Amateur Radio Club
- Ballroom Dance Club
- Senior Citizens Club
- Toastmasters Club
- DISCOUNT on YMCA facilities and amenities
- Members only promotions
- Opportunities to join YMCA programmes – ie community services, skills and self-development programmes, health talks, educational and empowerment programmes
- 10% discount at our very own YCafé and Hau Hau Yu restaurant
When you join the YMCA, you belong
Click on the image below to view our list of merchants and the benefits when you be a YMCA Penang Member.
to a place where:
- Your families come together to spend quality time with one another.
- Parents have a safe, positive environment for children to learn positive values, social skills and good behaviour.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue common interests and learn how to live healthier active lifestyles.
- Children and teens play, discover who they are, what they can achieve and most importantly, are accepted.
- Communities thrive because neighbours watch out for each other.
- Ideas and initiatives are supported to further develop and benefit the community.
- You will have your say and given an opportunity to impact other lives through positive actions.
- There are opportunities to travel, meet and interact with other Y members from local movements and abroad.
- Like-minded people meet to share similar passions and commitments.
YMCA membership is open to all regardless of race, gender or creed.
Individual beliefs are mutually respected. It is an organisation that is rich in diversity, variety and the unique ‘rojak’ flavour of Malaysia. We strive to be global citizens as enshrined in the Y world Alliance objective. Still hesitating?
Give us a call at 04-2288211 and we would gladly give you a personal tour to show you what we have to offer. The Penang YMCA Offers a 4 tier Membership
- Life(above 55 years)
Type of member
Life (above 55 years)
Type of member